Saturday, June 14, 2014

Really, It Looks Better In Real Life

I'm making up this blanket pattern as I go.

I swear the colors in this photo aren't quite right, making the colors the blanket look completely mismatched. I swear they are not. I'm going through my supply of Lion Brand Jiffy Yarn. Last week I delivered one baby blanket, and I think it went over well. This one is for the next baby girl to come along. My friends have been turning out one boy after another, though, so it may end up sitting in my closet for some time.

I do love making up patterns as I go, as long as they are modular and require no math or measuring. I knit a lot of this one to the second season of House of Cards. I think Orange is the New Black is up next. Although, I find I watch less TV when the weather is nice, as it is now. The down side of that is that I also do less knitting.

5 comments:

  1. Looks great to me! Do you have to sew the large squares together? BTW, how about a photo of the multi-colored square or did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm agreeing with Judy S. that it looks pretty good in the picture :) I just love how mitered squares create that diagonal detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed, I cannot make up a thing, love the baby blanket.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one gorgeous blanket! Ihave a smaller one that I'm waiting to give to the right person at the right time in light blue and white. I knit it on a car trip to california .two years ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have quite the soft spot for patchwork blankets and this one is knitting up beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete