Friday, June 6, 2014

FO Friday: Happy Feet

I have finished the first pair of slippers:

Are they adorable or what. Not that I take credit for the adorableness. The folks at Knitting Pure and Simple get credit for that.

The design is ingenious and the directions are crystal clear.  It's a fairly simple pattern. The overcast stitch used to sew up the bottom and back of the heel is very easy, even for a terrible seamstress like me. My only complaint is about the yarn; and you can read about that here if you missed it.

As I hinted above, there will be more Mukluk Slippers. I just think they will be great gifts.

9 comments:

  1. You did a great job and got them done just in time for a very hot summer!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are really really cute! I may have to make a pair. I LOVE them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah ...they look absolutely snuggly! They'll be the perfect thing for winter gifting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are awesome. that cuff makes them look snug and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fantastic , nice work ! Another wonderful idea for a knitted gift ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really cool, and they look very very warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I have to check out that pattern! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look so so cozy - I'll have to put them on my autumn knitting list - some people might be getting socks and slippers for christmas!

    ReplyDelete