Monday, June 9, 2014

A Resin-ating Weekend

I spent the weekend at the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee, crossing off something on my bucket list with this lovely lady:

That is Jen Cushman, business partner of Susan Lenart Kazmer. If you've ever poked around the jewelry section of a Michael's Arts & Crafts store, you've seen her Industrial Chic line of components, really fun and intriguing stuff. Anyway. I've always wanted to work with them because their aesthetic and their products are so amazing.

I spent a day learning how to use ICE Resin and ICED Enamels on Saturday. Jen is a great teacher and fun to hang around with. She is more than generous in sharing her experience and know-how.  I'm afraid this post is going to sound more like a commercial than a blog post, but honestly, these are great products! ICE Resin is a low-toxic, crystal clear resin. ICED Enamels allow you to get the look of torch-fired enamels without a torch or kiln.

Here's what I have so far. Only the second one down is completely finished. I'm going to add more layers to the other three.
You can't go to Bead & Button (hosted by the same people who put out Bead & Button magazine) without exploring the marketplace, but I think that is a separate post!

7 comments:

  1. no, no, no, no, no!!!! I CAN NOT GET IN TO A NEW CRAFT!!!! (looks like fun, though!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Lots of interesting possibilities there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything that uses gears!!! Glad you had such a good time. Can't wait to see them all finished up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun. Where in Milwaukee? I LOVE the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool!! Love that you met up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice that you were able to meet her . Looks like you made the most of your experience . Your examples are beautiful ! You are multi-talented , artist , knitter and crafter !

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love what you have made.
    Hugs,
    meredith

    ReplyDelete