Tuesday, December 24, 2013

True Holiday Knitting Cheer

What a perfect way to start out the day:

I met my friend Marsha at La Brioche, bakery/restaurant in our part of town, for breakfast. She's a knitter, too. Luckily business was slow (I assume most people were out finishing their shopping!), so we were able to linger and knit. As you can see, I'm still plugging away at my Les Cables de Faux leg warmers. I was sipping a hazelnut steamer.

Being Jewish in a Christian world can be a little strange. But I have to say that it was lovely yesterday to have the day off and no festivities to prepare for. I love to knit and talk with Marsha. She's the kind of person who listens well, offers support, shares insight. And she is hilarious! I hope I am half the friend that she is.

Today we are having Christmas dinner with Keith's family because on Christmas itself we are flying to Albuquerque, then driving up to Santa Fe and Taos. Even though we are in the midst of binging on Breaking Bad, we are not going to take one of the Breaking Bad tours in Albuquerque. I can't wait to hit all the galleries and museums, while Keith is looking forward to skiing.

May your holidays be happy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day and an awesome holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays! What a lovely way to spend the day and what a lovely scarf :)

    ReplyDelete