Sunday, December 15, 2013

Discontinued?



I love this mini-mitten. I especially like the glowing orange-yellow color. It's made from one of my favorite yarns: Cascade Quatro. I was looking at the Cascade wall at my LYS a few days ago and noticed there were only a few skeins of Quatro. A staffer happened by and said, "It's discontinued, you know."

No, I didn't know!

Every now and then, my old news reporter instincts kick in. I just have to know what's going on with Quatro!  I found a brief and uninformative exchange on Ravelry here. The Webs site says it is discontinued, but the Cascade site doesn't have any information at all. 

The best I can surmise is that the lovely, two-toned Quatro has been discontinued. However, there is a superwash version (who knew?) that seems to be available.

Still I love the original and I am crestfallen that I missed any discontinued sales. This is the kind of thing that makes me want to buy up half the stock at my LYS. You never know when a great yarn is going to be discontinued! Anyone remember Sheep Shop Yarn?

And why am I knitting a mini-mitten? That, my friends, is another post!

2 comments:

  1. It's funny isn't it, as soon as I hear a yarn I like is being discontinued, I buy up a heap of it (if I can), even though I already have so much yarn, and there is bound to be another equally good, or better, Arn replace it!

    ReplyDelete