Friday, December 27, 2013

A Beautiful Day in Santa Fe


I have wanted to visit northern New Mexico for a long time, and it is even more enchanted than I had imagined. The sky sparkles a rich blue against the tan land and adobe buildings.

The air is cool and crisp, just as I had hoped. And the food is that wonderful fusion of southwestern America and Mexican.
This is the part of the world where painter Georgia O'Keeffe found a spiritual home and just being here gives me a taste of why.
This desolate desert landscape offers up a freedom and clarity, the emotions I feel in her works, like the one above that we saw at the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum this morning. 
From there, we headed over to Canyon Road, one of the places art collectors go to shop. We wandered in and out of galleries, finding an unending parade of beautiful and thought-provoking works. None in our price range, but that's OK. I don't know how anyone chooses just one. Or even two.
Driving the high road to Taos this afternoon, we came across this lovingly preserved church in a little town.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing place to visit, hope you've been having a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit New Mexico too - thank you for the little glimpse into it's beauty!

    ReplyDelete